Tuesday, May 5, 2015

IF WALT WHITMAN CAME BACK AS A ZOMBIE AND ATE MY BRAIN I WOULD WRITE THE FOLLOWING POEM

"He Only Wanted Attention!"
image (c) 2015 emily eissenberg


IF WALT WHITMAN CAME BACK AS A ZOMBIE AND ATE MY BRAIN I WOULD WRITE THE FOLLOWING POEM
from Pearl and Other Poems


I am very sad America because you make me sad.

I am sad because my despicable poems.

I am sad because you charge me with unemployment fraud and take away my money.

I am sad because I can’t write poems like luminous smoke and suffocate your courts with glory.

I am sad because you will not hire me.

I am sad America because I have no money
and very large sums of credit card debt
and very large sums of student loan debt
and also I write poems in an unemployable way.

I am sad America because you ban me from your poetry websites because I criticize your rules
and delete my poems
and tease you about go start your own site by writing in a Jesus voice inventing poetry sites in heaven.

I am sad America because Walt Whitman went door-to-door selling books, a regular salesman
but when I spam the chat room with my poems they ban my IP address.

I am sad America because Walt Whitman is alive in my heart, walking door-to-door in my heart selling poetry books
and I am buying them to give to friends

but I am sad America because I have no friends.

The point I am trying to make is could a new Walt Whitman sprung up from the dirt sell zombie poems on Google?

Vision, America, is what I mean.

Commitment is the point I am making.


No comments:

Post a Comment